Also known as resolutions.
I figure I should try to improve myself in different ways, and what better way to ensure *some* accountability than to post some resolutions here for the wild world to see.
So here we go!
- Be more assertive when it comes to women. What I mean here is, if I’m interested in a woman, I should just go for it. Talk to her. Ask her out. Show I have interest. The worst that can happen, in most cases, is she says ‘no.’ I lose nothing by asking, but stand to gain lots.
- Save more money. I’m going to be 30 soon. I shouldn’t be living with other people with whom I have no connection. Yes, housemates do keep rent down, but then I have to deal with people I have no interest in knowing anything about, and are always in my way. By saving money, I can eventually put a down payment on a house or condo and be truly self-sufficient.
- Get in better shape and lose weight. This is a multi-faceted resolution — go to the gym more, eat less, eat better. Once it warms up, this means biking to work. This also dovetails nicely into saving more money.
- Read more. I will set a target of reading for at least an hour every day. I have a lot of books to get through, and the perfect time to read is during my commute.
- Take more photos. I have a prosumer-model camera, and now that I have a job that doesn’t require near-daily photography, it sits unused for weeks at a time. And my skills are deteriorating during that downtime. So, I resolve to take photos every day, and post regular updates of all those photos. Much like I did in 2011.
That’s pretty much it. Short, sweet and to the point.
Here’s hoping I can do it.