Just a few notes on things in my life, and in the world in general.
- Today marks the first day of the second week of my job here in Westlock, Alta. And so far so good. The town is nice, and so are the people. I can honestly say I don’t hate it here like I did Meadow Lake.
- Have you ever REALLY listened to the Beatles? I swear, some of their songs make them sound like jealous, insecure pricks. I like the Beatles and all, but c’mon man. Grow a pair.
- It’s really winter up here. We haven’t had a snowfall in days, but it’s cold. And I mean cold. As of this moment (Dec. 6, 20:54 MST) the warmest temperature in the past 24 hours was -16 C, and the coldest was -26 C. Yup, it’s winter.
- On that note, I love this country and all, but this Prairie winter is going to be the death of … my hands.
- I have updated my online portfolio. Check it out.
- I went out and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I like it, but it didn’t quite meet my expectations. But that’s OK. Part two will. I mean, it has to, right?
- The only part of home I miss so far is the routine and having the dishes, etc., where I like them. And having space for my food and other kitchen accoutrements. Otherwise, I’m fine here.
- Oh, and Rob Ford is going to be the death of Toronto. Dear Rob, Transit City can be built and is mostly funded. It’s fiscally irresponsible to cancel it and build subways where they are not needed. If you’re going to cancel Transit City and build subways, start with the Downtown Relief Line, not the Sheppard S(t)ubway to Scarborough Town Centre.
- On that note, I am trying to avoid following the Rob Fordian destruction of Toronto. But it’s hard when Google News posts Rob Ford stories on its front page.
And that’s all I have. Until later, Go Habs!